Tonight, February 13, aka Galentine's Day, is our big Best Women's Erotica of the Year reading at Washington, DC bookstore Politics and Prose at The Wharf. Editor Rachel Kramer Bussel will be joined by Volume 3 contributors Thien-Kim Lam, Sommer Marsden and Lynn Townsend.
We hope you can join us. Invite your friends with this Facebook event page. Or come alone or with a date. And remember: all genders are welcome! We know that men are fans of erotica too.
If you're on the fence, here's 7 reasons to come hear us read our sexy erotic stories. Can't make it? Follow our Instagram account for photos, video and stories throughout the evening!
1. Two authors, Thien-Kim Lam and Sommer Marsden, are making their debut readings! As in, they have never read live in front of an audience. EVER. That is huge, people. Doing your first reading is a rite of passage for authors. It's totally different than typing your words on a keyboard. It means your words come alive in front of people who may laugh, cheer, squirm, smile, get aroused. It's a wonderful way to hear how your words fall on people's ears. So please come out to support them. They deserve a huge round of applause for their bravery.
2. It's Galentine's Day! You know, Leslie Knope's favorite holiday. It's become a real thing. So bring your friends and have a fun girls night out where you return home with a book of sexy stories.
3. Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 3 makes a wonderful Valentine's Day gift! Especially a signed copy. Yes, for anyone who wants to read some sexy stories. Plus you'll have insights into how the authors came up with their stories.
4. Support independent bookstores! We all know that it's hard out there for small bookstores up against the behemoths.
5. You can ask us anything! We're doing a Q&A after the reading so you can ask us about our writing, editing, research, sex toys.
6. You'll find out the theme of Best Women's Erotica of the Year, Volume 5, several weeks before it's publicly announced. That gives you some extra time to brainstorm. (Everyone else, stay tuned, the call for submissions will be posted in March.)
7. Last but not least: Swag! Editor Rachel Kramer Bussel and Thien-Kim are bringing bookmarks to give out to you for free!
Hope to see you tonight! If you can't make it, please do tell your friends. The better attended this reading is, the more likely we are to hold more of them in other locations.